Reykjanes peninsula is a very active geothermal area and has vast lavafields, green lakes, beautiful sea cliffs rich with birdlife and the bridge between two continent plates, the Eurasian and American, where you can stand with one foot in America and one in Europe. At the toe of Reykjanes you’ll also find Reykjanesviti lighthouse and beautifull cliffs very rich with birdlife. Blue Lagoon admission fee is not included – click here for more details.
- Departure: 8:30 – 9:00 (AM)
- Duration: 6-7 hours
- Free Pick-up and drop-off: at your place of stay, hotel, apartment etc.
- Kleifarvatn Lake
- Seltun – hot spring area
- Green Lake – crater lake
- Ogmundarhraun – lava field
- Grindavik – small town – drive through
- Gunnuhver – largest mud pool in Iceland
- Reykjanesviti – lighthouse
- Reykjanes cliffs – birdlife
- Bridge between two continents
- The Blue Lagoon
If the weather allows we will also drive down to the beach.